Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Getting things moving

Well this week there was literally an adventure and miracles every single day. 

On Tuesday I worked with Elder Acton, a elder from Montana he is huge and hilarious!! I think he is the nicest missionary I have ever met he is so polite and just a great guy. Working with him he had set up an appointment with this one guy, Jaun Pablo and he hasn't gotten baptized because he just doesn't feel completely prepared. So being led by the spirit we read in Alma 32:27 which clearly tells us that all that we need before we act is a desire to believe. Nothing else, but we need to let this desire work within us and miracles will take place. Well that desire has begun to take a place in Juan Pablo and he was struck to the center by the spirit and has found his desire to be baptized and now knows that, that is all that he needs. 

Wednesday: Today was great working with my companion good old Elder Gorham, we shook things up and got them moving, we found a bunch of new investigators, about five and put each one with a baptismal date! The Lord does guide his servants. One of them is named Claudio, his is in his early forties and has lost his parents and his sister not too long ago and he accepts us as representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ. We astounded him with the Book of Mormon and he loves listening to us. His biggest problem....he loves praying to the Virgin Mary..........hmmmmm yep that's gonna change. 

Thursday: Today we contacted the less active daughter of an active member and found out that she has a daughter who is 13 and wants to be baptized, you thinkin what I'm thinkin?

Friday: Today was our weekly Soccer game and let me tell you, they tried to banish me to goalie, but you know what that's not me, so after a while I convinced them to 'unlesh the beast' and in about five minutes I had two goals and after that they sent me back to the goal........dang. I think they like the games a little fairer.

Saturday: We had a great lesson with a returned missionary and the mom of one of our investigators, she testified of the difference that our visits have made in her home. In her own words, "Just a week ago contention was a constant thing in our home, we were always arguing and we just we not happy, but since you have come especially when you are here I just feel at peace, its like you guys just bring it with you and just help us all to calm down and see whats really important." She might have tried to give us the credit, but we know who really deserves the credit here, the spirit, is our constant companion and He makes the difference in each of our lives. 

Sunday: Today I was blessed to be able to confirm Hernan Edwardo Soto Reyes a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints and tell him to 'recieve the Holy Ghost'

I just love all of these adventures and all of this work, it is my favorite thing in the world, sometimes when it is pouring rain and everything seems to be going wrong I take a minute and I just reflect upon how blessed I truly am and you know what even in those moments I feel happy. 

Elder Hutchins 
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment