Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Perfection by fire.....and ice water

6.30.14

Some test manhood by eating contests, others by how much weight you can bench, the native Americans sent you out into the wild until you had a vision and came back alive, well here The CHILE CONCEPCION MISSION we do it a little bit differently, we test manhood on how many days in a row you can take an ice cold shower. Mark me down for two weeks and going, everyday! I have officially been declared the cleanest Elder in the house as I am the only one to have taken a shower Everyday. I will have you know, for the book that it is now the dead of winter here and we have no heating in our house. Perfection by ice water.

This week was an interesting one. First off my companion had to go to concepcion for two days for his 'new confrence' and left me completely and utterly alone. Luckily for me I know people and made a few phone calls and I was covered for those two days I had people to accompany me to everywhere that I needed to be. THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! Not only did that allow me to get done my long list of required tasks, but it allowed me to obey the commandment to do everything with the members, I love it when a plan comes together. 

Just one of the many blessing I have seen from talking to everyone, yesterday in the afternoon we contacted a fairly angry looking man and turns out he is the owner of a gym and invited us to go and workout free, sweet! So today my companion and I hit the racks and went to work. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together. 

Furthermore, this week, on Wednesday night, while my companion was in concepcion, it was freezing and so I got all bundled up for bed and when it was nice and warm I drifted off to sleep, hours passed with me in my unconscious state when suddenly a loud bang woke me up, what followed was a terrifying blood curdling scream that seemed to go on forever, finally one of the elders in our ward turned on the lights, turns out that Elder Rodriguez (from Italy) had fallen out of the upper bunk of the bunk bed and dislocated where the collar bone meets the shoulder. Well we returned to bed and dealt with it the next day, but now he is going to have to  have an operation this next Wednesday....dang.

I love the work, I hope each of you can say the same, if you cant repent and go to work, that is the system the Lord has placed.
Elder Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment