Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Unity

ministering practice
If you are not one, you are not mine saith the Lord. This past week the President got in our faces a little bit about uniting with the members, so without delay my companion and I put it into practice. 

On Tuesday we stopped by the bishop's and we put a plan in place (with him) to help the members be nourished by the good word of God. Since the members are not doing their home teaching and they are not reading their scriptures or praying on a daily basis, we put a plan in place where we will go on divisions Sunday afternoon and visit the active members to put things back into place as they should be. We will verify their daily reading in the scriptures and their prayers. (Those things are a little REALLY important) Then on Thursday we had a meeting with our ward mission leader and at last established with him expectations. What we need from him and what he needs from us. It is super helpful to know what we expect from one another. 

I had an incredible experience of being a minister for the Lord this week. On Wednesday I was doing exchanges with Elder Hernandez from Colombia and as I talked with him, he let me know of some difficult things that were going on back home and he opened up. From then on the spirit took the lead and after trying to counsel with him and help him I did as the spirit directed me to and I placed my hands upon his head and by the authority and power of the restored priesthood which I hold I gave him a blessing during which his fears were calmed and his mind comforted. I love holding this restored priesthood it is such a blessing.

We are working hard trying to do what Jesus himself would do in our place. Remember your prayers and scripture studies, have them on a daily basis!!!
Much love,
Elder Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment