Thursday, December 25, 2014

Mini Exchanges 12.8.2014

This week was amazing. Enough said. 

Tuesday I was with Elder Flores from Bolivia in a mini exchange in a SMALL town called Longavi, I swear besides the four missionaries there, there is a population of 50 stray dogs, 1000 cows and maybe 20 people. But we made it fun, I love working with other missionaries, they always teach me so much. Also at the end of the day to show my appreciation to him I bought  the house a pizza. I think the best moment of the mini exchange, was just how we were able to pump each other full of energy and talk to everyone that we saw. In the end we talked to 40-50 non members and a few of them invited us the come by their house the next day.
 
Thursday was another mini exchange, but with the traveling assistants, I was with Elder Herrera a convert of 4 years, he is from Washington, but his parents are Mexican. It was another excellent learning opportunity for me. I learned the importance of inviting people to come unto Christ rather than invite them to: Read, pray, get baptized. The purpose of commitments are to bring us closer to Christ, not to say we completed _______ commitments. The prize moment of this mini exchange, was right after we got out of teaching a man named Hugo, it was close to a hundred degrees and the sun was shinning bright and hot, we were toast, literally. We went into a little store and right when we walked in a guy buying stuff at the counter immediately yelled, "AND GIVE THESE TWO YOUNG MEN A DRINK; THEY WALK ALL DAY!" the lady at the counter turned and took out two ice cold bottles of orange juice, just what we needed. Count your blessings!

One of the families that I am home teaching came to church this Sunday and really it filled my soul with joy seeing them there. I love it!

Elder Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment