Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Workin' Hard

1.26.2015


This weeks letter is going to be a little shorter for lack of time, so forgive me ahead of time, but it has been a busy week. 

Wednesday and Friday mornings this past week we went to the second councilor in the stake presidencies house and helped him to make the foundation of his house....oh boy, that was probably the hardest I have ever worked in my entire life. We had to move about a ton and a half of rocks and then the same weight of sand from the street into his yard. It took from early in the morning until lunch to move it all, but in the end it was done, and so was I.....until after lunch when we left the house and did a different kind of work. But seriously I think that was (at least on my mission) the hardest I have worked physically, and I was sound asleep when my head hit the pillow that night and every night. 

We kept teaching Macarena and her mother HIlda, they are progressing well, the only problem is that Macarena got sick this week and had to go to the hospital twice , but now she is on medication and is feeling a little better. They are reading the book of Mormon and are loving every single second of the time they spend in church and with the church members. They are feeling the spirit. 

This week on Thursday the entire mission stayed home in the morning (before lunch) and dedicated the entire morning to cleaning up the house. I love having a clean house, it is the best. You just feel better, and boy, is our house clean. It wasn't terrible before, but now it is celestial. 

On Sunday we had to help cook the lunch and the sister who asked for our help at first didn't trust is us to make the food taste good, but after she tried a few of the inventions that I made she changed her mind and selected me as the "master chef" ;) that's what we do it.

Love you all!!
Elder Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment