Monday, March 17, 2014

My Son

zone conference
Well this week was a blast! I went in on Tuesday to pick up my son and from there we went to work, contacting working with the members, just getting him reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tired, and it worked! He is really tired. His name is Elder Garrido from Columbia he is 19 and comes from a family of 6 he lives with his mom, his sister, his aunt and uncle, and his Grandma. All of them are active (now) members of the church, but they w

ere inactive for a long time when he was younger. He is really skinny and unsure of himself as a representative of Jesus Christ, but we will change that. Also he uses a ton of beauty products, whatever floats your boat, man. But the good thing is that he likes talking-one of the hardest things for a missionary to learn, the bad part is that he likes talking the less the missionary has to say in order to teach a principal the better. But these are things that come with time, something he has plenty of.

This week, don't know if you remember the Riquelme Family, but Elizabeth got baptized last Saturday and this week we started to teach her brother and his family. Her brother and his wife have looked for a religion that is THE one and only true religion all of their life, but have never found it. Turns out they never considered looking into the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. X marks the spot!! Also her brother Elias who we are now teaching built an oven so that he could make bread and have cook outs and make an assortment of food for the missionaries, that's right he built an oven for Elder Hutchins and Elder Garrido!!! Oh yea!!!!

Also Saturday the stake center for our stake finally got reopened, they were doing some small scale (8 months) remodeling. It is a huge chapel and has a basketball/soccer court inside as well as outside. wow. 

I would like to give a special shout out to both of my Grandmothers. Thank you Mimi and Granny B you girls are the best!!! This week I received both of their conversion stories, how they came to be members of the church (Family history work). For those of you who have not heard their stories ask them. They are two incredible women, both of whom called the missionaries! That is a rare occurrence. But now another type of call out to my Grandpa's, I am currently in possession of half of the story of each conversion, I would like to hear the story from your point of view as well. my grandmothers have done their part, now I am waiting for you guys. 

We still teaching a young man (22) named Oscar, he is getting baptized the 29 and is already converted to the gospel we are just helping him to continue to progress, but he is firm in his decision and is living with a very active family while he goes to school here in concepcion so he has the support and everything. God really is preparing his children in all parts of the world. 

In our mission we have a goal (given to us by Elder Balard) that every missionary contacts 10 people every day. So I think is was Saturday night, we were going back to the apartment and I had my contacts done for the day, but my companion needed one more. So it was 10 o'clock at night and we were looking for someone to cross our paths so that he could be obedient and get his ten contacts. We were about to cross a street and I take one step into the road and I look to my side partially to check for cars but also to check to see if my companion was still at my side..... he wasn't... I turn around and he is at the street corner talking to a gentleman who, to put it lightly, had WAY to much to drink that night. I had to go to the rescue and got poked in the chest about 1000 times more than I would have liked, but in the end all was well and a lesson was learned. Do your ten contacts before the sun goes down.

Love you guys a ton!
Elder Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment