Tuesday, November 4, 2014

This week was a very interesting week. You see last Saturday after lunch in the twenty or so minutes that we had to rest I listened to a discourse by Elder Eyring titled 'mountains to climb', I had heard it many times before and every time I listen to it I end up praying that same day for more mountains to climb so that I can become more like our Savior. So that's what I did, and as always God answered my prayers, and He did it instantly. 

We had about six investigators set with a baptismal date and that same day (Saturday) half of them fell, Sunday more of them fell, and half way through the week each one of them had fallen. One stopped coming to church because he now goes out and parties with his new girlfriend Saturday nights, another is not going to be able to get baptized because he is moving in with his girlfriend and has to wait until he gets divorced until he gets married, and two others have decided that they would rather finish their catholic Communion than get baptized for the moment. 

But notwithstanding this week was a great week in which the spirit was my constant companion. On Thursday morning, my companion and I did a special zone study on consecration and it was good. Just a few of the highlights included a video made by yours truly (thanks Naomi for teaching me) which was the result of many fallen tears and then the second one was a bit more out of the box so to say and included a mound of rubble and a burnt offering....it was an experience not to be forgotten. (we'll talk more about it another day in the future)

But yeah other than that I learned this week the importance that the Book of Mormon has in changing our hearts and that family history has on turning our hearts, both of them are necessary to purify our hearts and to become a consecrated person ( one of the requisites for entering into the celestial kingdom).

I love you all, if you have any questions just let me know.

Elder Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment