Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Another One Bites the Dust

I would like to send a special shout out to the one and only Sister Naomi Hutchins. (I even dedicated the title to you ;) 

This week I met my new companion Elder Jackson, a gringo from the factory, no other than Utah. He is a funny kid but has a lot of energy and loves talking to people and working in general. This week I could see a distinct change in the people that we are teaching, them just seemed to understand more the spiritual importance of the invitations that we are leaving with them. This is good. 

Monday evening I was companionless and so I had to hire a member to come out and do visits with me, it was good, we visited two less active members a new convert and an investigator, who lives with another less active.

On Tuesday I was in charge of sending everyone off on their buses and receiving all the incoming missionaries (transfers are always a blast).

One of the new district leaders is Elder Flores, he is an elder that I just lived with in San Carlos and is a super good kid and a strong worker. I am excited to be able to work with him again. 

I think that the most exciting day was probably Saturday, in the morning we were doing service in the country, moving and stacking wood. (You'd think that going on a mission to the other side of the world would get me out of that, but nope) And it was actually a good thing that I was there because my companion and I were the only people there who had ever stacked wood before.... without us it would have gotten out of control.

Then in the afternoon on Saturday, the sisters in our branch had a baptismal service for one of their investigators, so when we called them to see how everything was at about 1 (baptism was at 4) they had forgotten/claimed not to have known to fill up the baptismal font......hmmmm well that womps. But they said they were going right away to start filling up the font that tales about two to three hours to fill up. At 2:30 we get a call, "Hey Elders we don't have keys to the chapel....." SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?!?! So we went, got the keys from the other elders and the new key to the gate from the first councilor, and booked it to the chapel, by the time we got there we had about an hour to fill up a font that takes anywhere from two to three hours to fill up so we used our heads. I am eternally thankful that our church has a fire hose. Enough Said.

Then at night we had a killer activity of human taca taca (foosball) it was one not to miss.

Remember I love you guys
Elder Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment